decimal - off by one
l***@hotmail.com
2013-04-05 03:42:09 UTC

I hope someone can help me. When I run the query, the number show 3.5000. When the number round to 4 but I have 3. It should be 4.

Is there a reason why I did it wrong.

Thanks
John W. Vinson
2013-04-05 04:24:26 UTC
Post by l***@hotmail.com
Hi,
I hope someone can help me. When I run the query, the number show 3.5000. When the number round to 4 but I have 3. It should be 4.
Is there a reason why I did it wrong.
Thanks
Ummm...

You can see your computer. We cannot.

"The query"? What's the query? Could you post the SQL?

What's the calculation? What's rounding the number?

Note that 3.4999999999999 will round to 3, even if it displays as 3.5000 due
to a format specification (I'm assuming Double datatype; is it?)
--
John W. Vinson [MVP]
Microsoft's replacements for these newsgroups: